Wednesday, November 6, 2013

From the Archives at Homeschoolblogger.com at Chronicles of a Family at Home - Aug. 28, 2007: The perfect private school


I have decided that society's resistance to homeschooling is all due to poor marketing. 

I'm changing my personal marketing strategy.  From now on, when people ask me what school my kids go to, I'm going to say:  "I found the perfect private school!"

They'll say:  "Oh?"  And I'll say "Oh yes!  We feel so fortunate to have found it.  This private school offers a low student-teacher ratio -- 3 students to 1 teacher!  Can you believe that?"  They will look shocked and say "NO!"  I'll say "Oh yes, just a 3 to 1 ratio and get this:  It is TOTALLY affordable!" 

"No way!"

"Oh, yes!  I spend well under $1,000 for all 3 kids in all 9 months of the school year.  And believe it or not, the curriculum is customized to the needs of each individual child!"

"Surely not!"

"Yes, and it gets better!  They have a meal plan that is included in the price -- plus, they serve only healthy food and no uniforms are required, so you don't have to deal with that extra worry or cost."

"Is it a Christian school?" my friend will ask. 

"Oh, yes.  And the classrooms are multi-aged for positive peer opportunities.  The older kids have the chance to mentor the younger to maximize their leadership skills and the younger get to learn proper behavior and skills from the older kids.  They get exposed to higher level curriculum at an earlier age that way, you know."

"Wow, that sounds great.  But don't you hate getting them up and driving them to school instead of just putting them on the bus?" 

"No, that's the best part -- it is really close to home."

No comments:

Post a Comment